Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vukukhanye

Vukukhanye-arise and shine

It happens to be the NGO I am working with to make this world and my local community a safe enviroment. I do however want to take it on and say it shall be my mantra -Vukukhanye- arise and shine Mbali.

Being in the community and having some benefits from my education I feel it best to give back .When I was growing up I heard people use that alot. Once you are in the comfort that I am in where you ask for nothing more but to do that which betters people around you, you find this kind of job enthralling. It may be little compared to the works of the greats such as Nelson Mandela and Oprah Winfrey but one day at a time and one day we shall look back and say we are glad to have impacted a few lives.

My message is "vukukhanye" for someone or persons in your community. Try where you can in some way. It will be benefiting to carry the legacy with a zulu say- "Izandla ziyagezana" which means hands wash each other. Be grateful for what you have and lets share it. This is close to my heart because a man decided he would educate me so my future would be bright. I bet he prayed for all his children(6 plus my sister and me) that we would do what he did for another so that ,this legacy, his legacy would continue in the world where ever we may be. "Be the change you want to see in the world"-Mahatma Ghandi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms.MB
    What an interesting and inspirational publication you published. I wholeheartedly concur with you and also say that "No sound of clapping comes from one hand without the aid of the other hand". It mostly through collective effort that we will prosper. I frankly believe that if we (blacks) can reclaim the customs that are now synonymous with Jews and Muslims, we will help our communities to eradicate and free themselves from the adverse grip of poverty. Let us help those in need, and not be sadists; let us not scornfully look at those that can't afford, but make a contribution to the betterment of their plight. Taking from JZ electioneering, I also believe that "Together we can do more!"

    You can also make time to read my publications by clicking on the link above. Choose an appealing read and post your comment.

    Later Ms.MB

    ReplyDelete