Friday, March 6, 2015

Wicked Winning Woman



We never needed more women in industries in fact we never needed to be recognised by others. We needed to support each other and be happy for each other at any point in time. That saying ‘not everyone is going to be happy for you’ is commonly said in female circles and not male circles, go figure.

Having had a conversation with a friend this morning I felt compelled to write this because it is important we see where we are getting it wrong. We are getting it wrong when we are holding grudges and being jealous towards those who are doing better than us. Holding bitterness and not being strong enough to stand in the sun with a friend and say I will stand with you for your “glory” while I wait for mine. So speaking frankly in this post I would be correct in saying that we don’t do that. We don’t want to stand with another sister while she shines for how many times she shines.

I would like to say that many of the lessons we learn we learn from the female figures around us. My figure is my mother. My mother has under gone many transformations to get to her 50 something self and still she just gets on with it. But she taught me loyalty and honesty at a very young age. She stayed in a job for more than 20 years and she endured, even when others said go get better she said this is better for all the people in my life. Those people where her kids, boss, friends, church mates, family you name it. She understood that a blessing came when she knew how to bless others. So from a young age I learnt that waiting for the blessing won’t really bother me if I am supporting another. And if you get distracted enough in supporting other people you won’t have time to be jealous.


There is only one step and then we would have arrived, that is to be happy with others, before your time and after your time. Give yourself the blessing of supporting others before your turn. Not everything is about you and how you will get there. You will get there via others and you need to accept that. You can’t reach anywhere without reaching outside of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment