Thursday, July 31, 2014

Keeping it real

I do a lot of encouraging. I support a lot of people, not financially but emotionally. I do quite a bit of listening. I say a bit because I always interject so I must still learn to master the smart skill of letting people speak. I write blogs to motivate not just you the reader but myself.  What I just learnt is an introspection rather than a motivation. I am keeping it real in this blog.

My greatest gift given to me and also that I give to others is love. This year has been a journey of introspection and reconciliation. But for the first time this year I exploded. I verbally went wild. I checked the dates in the month, trying to establish if it was not hormonal. I tried eating but I was not filling up the vacuum. It was a very small request by family, a small errand that sent me straight to crazy land. Sadly the recipients of my madness were my family. The feeling after is worse than a hangover.

I couldn’t finish my tea in the office. I cannot, not go back to very loud and up tight conversation I had in my head. As much as it was a point I was raising within my family structure. I just used the worse settings to address it. All the ways and words could have been much better. In essence I was out of line.

Now that I have put my family and others in a very interesting position I must realise that I need to control the way I address things when I feel violated. I must also realise that I must treat myself with kindness and in that way I will know how to treat others with kindness. We will never be fine with a hostile environment and we will never grow in one, so let’s not remain in hostility lets learn to ask for forgiveness and move on.  There is plenty more harm that I did in this relationship that needs fixing but I will have to start rebuilding what I broke, and not the other way around. I must call it and I must address it. This blog is just a perfect example to show how human I am. We all are but we must take responsibility what we do. It’s extremely difficult to watch the trail of damage your own words have made under the wrath of your anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment