Monday, October 26, 2009

Trigger Happy

I am trigger happy ready
to fire out my beliefs
i think i think i know
i expel my thoughts
at times in the harshest way
eloquence at times drapes
my lips and i tell of goodness
really that's all i should do
but human traits are paradoxical
so enigmatic persona takes over
i leave the souls of others
dead or alive because
i am trigger happy -Silindile Mbali Ndlovu

This poem I wrote sitting on my balcony thinking of how we can make or break things with our words. When I was growing up I always preferred my mother to hit me than shout at me because words slice and leave permanent wounds in your soul. Memories you cannot erase. Thus she did beat me and I guess now I wish that's all people did,rather beat the problem out of me then say what they will of me.

When I say things I also mean it. I am a person of my word and seldom do I let someone down on something. I am a people pleaser but also encourager. I may think what a waste in my womanly woes, but I shape up quickly by allowing the mind to remind me why this person is in my life. My mother is here because she gave birth to me and nurtured me. My friends are here because we grew up together and learnt God blessed us by placing our lives to cross our paths. So my man is here because the divine happened and we met to over overbearingly love wholeheartedly.

Your speech is derived from your manner which is already preconceived in your mind. So this already was manifest mentally before physically. Making me acknowledge that the words where made to life by your actions but a thought before a action. So remember that your words map out your ideas. Speak positive and inspiring words and it will return to you positively. Don't be like me and be trigger happy .

2 comments:

  1. Don't mind you being "Trigger Happy" because you rattle and shoot out profound rhymes. You need to nurture the way you put words together, you got talent. Like you said, Words can make or break the person's integrity, built or demolish their esteem - Beautiful, write some more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ...some person shut my style of writing down this morning so i hope what comes next shall better and you enjoy .Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete