Monday, October 1, 2012

The close up, face up to Nicky Greenwall


The best close up I have ever seen. The Greenwall Productions gave its best offering after show casing Nicky Greenwall and her story of how she landed up in showbiz. The struggles, the anxiety attacks, the loss and the eventual gains all come with this studious woman, Nicky Greenwall.

Seeing as it was woman’s month when they shot the season of “The close up”, this was a perfect ending to what had been a microscopic look into the lives of our local celebrities. The stars are an array of stars we see or hear about on a daily basis. My best show was Zolani Mahola when she told about how she reached her heights and even a stunt on television on Tsha Tsha. But I did not anticipate ever that “the Camera’s would be reversed” and we would see the elegant lady behind the show, the show we have become such avid fans to.

Greenwall agrees to having a cushioned upbringing in Capetown. Her lifestyle or the lifestyle given to her had blind folded her to the political activities of the day and now she is an all rounded all South African citizen. I don’t want to dwell on her personal life but rather to commend this phenomenal character for facing adversity and not giving up. She has taught me and many South Africans that following your instincts will benefit you only if you follow them.

My admiration ran wild when she spoke of something most people never want to talk about, the fear that you are not in control. I have had that fear for far too many times and could never identify with it until the show. However so, I must say writing this makes me feel like I am a step away from ridding of the fear and taking back control. I was always told, by many people who know me well, to continue writing. My real passion is a way with words and why we pick the words we do and why we say what we do at the times we do. The best part is when they reflect on paper. Writing my reflection of the show is just one of the ways of firstly honouring Ms Greenwall and secondly applauding the stellar work she has done.

To the Greenwall production team this is the only way I can say thank you, by typing it. Thank you. You have worked well and hard with an ardent work ethic to give us great entertainment and I say well done. As a journalist myself I can only imagine the research that went into it all. To fellow South Africans who saw this let the passion not end here continue the good work. Be unrelenting, be bold, be achievers.

No comments:

Post a Comment